Post Top Ad

Thursday, March 1, 2018

RETURN - IKON SECOND ALBUM





Few months ago, my best friend gushed about Ikon to me. I was not that familiar with Ikon to be honest, I just knew a bit about B.I but I never really listen to them.  I tried to listen to some of their songs (from their previous album), but I did not get the feel. My best friend did not give up and kept bugging me to listen to their new stuff as Ikon released a new album last January. So yeah being a good friend I am, I gave it a shot. I was kind of hesitated yet I listened to it. After I listened to the whole album, I never thought that their new album's gonna be so good and I could enjoy most of their songs. I like all of the songs on this new album but I literally have six songs that I like the most.

     Love Scenario

🎢 μ‚¬λž‘을 ν–ˆλ‹€ μš°λ¦¬κ°€ λ§Œλ‚˜μ§€μš°μ§€ λͺ»ν•  좔얡이 됐닀
sarangeul haetta uriga manna, jiuji mothal chueogi dwaetda
We were in love, we met and became a memory that can't be erased πŸŽΆ

This song is the single of the new album. My impression was like okay, the song was just okay. But, what I did not realize is that how catchy the song is until I was in the middle of thinking something and my mind literally just snapped "SARANGEUL HAETTA URIGA MANNA" and I kept humming this line over and over.

     
     Beautiful

🎢 I'm feeling so good , λ„ˆλ¬΄ μ•„λ¦„λ‹€μš΄  λ„ˆμ˜ 두 λˆˆμ„ 바라볼 λ•Œλ©΄
I'm feeling so good  neomu areumdaun neoye du nuneul barabol ttaemyeon
I’m feeling so good, when I look into your beautiful eyes πŸŽΆ

The first time I listen to this song, honestly I just wanted to skip it. But then Junhoe's voice came and all off sudden the mood of the song changed and I was like damn. I'm totally going to repeat this song over and over and over.


     Don't Forget

🎢 μžŠμ§€ λ§ˆμš” μžŠμ§€ λ§ˆμš”κ·ΈλŒ€ λ‚  μžŠμ§€ λ§μ•„μš” 
itji mayo itji mayo, geudae nal itji marayo
Don’t forget, don’t forget My dear, don’t forget me πŸŽΆ

This song caught my attention because they use piano on the intro. I did not know why but when I was listening to this song I just felt sad and kinda of missing someone. Then, I googled the lyrics and turned out this song is about someone who is missing his ex and hoped that his ex will never forget about the things that they had been through together. So, good job Ikon for making me miss my ex that doesn't even exist.


     Best Friend

🎢 μ•„이야야 λ‹ˆκ°€ κ·Έμ € 꿈이라면예쁘고 μŠ¬ν”ˆ 꿈이라 ν•  텐데
niga geujo kkumiramyeon, yeppeugo seuleun kkumira hal tende
If you're just a dream, I'd say you're a beautiful yet sad dream πŸŽΆ 
    
 Judging from the title and the beats, this song must be about all of good memories we have with our best friends, but boy was I so wrong. This song is actually about a guy who falls in love with his best friend, too bad the girl already has a boyfriend. The guy literally just keeps his feelings for her just for himself and kind of "happy" just to be her best friend.


     Hug Me
  
🎢 λ”± ν•œ 번만, 10초만 μ§„μ§€ν•˜κ²Œμ•ˆμ•„λ³΄μž 
ttak han beonman, shipchoman jinjihage, anaboja 
Just one time, for 10 seconds, let me hug you πŸŽΆ

Another song that gives me a sad vibe when I'm listening to it. It already got me hooked even since the beginning. I feel like this song is a continuation of "Best Friend". When in "Best Friend" the guys feels like he's is okay with just being a best friend but somehow he snaps in "Hug Me" that he can no longer hide the feeling and he just wants to be hugged by the girl even it's just for 10 seconds. 
I noticed that both Best Friend and Hug Me are co-written by B.I. Hmmm, so uri B.I. got best-friend zoned or something  ( ͡° ͜Κ– ͡°)


     Love Me

🎢 Nobody lo oo oo oves me, Nobody lo oo oo oves me
I need a love, give me a love, right now right now πŸŽΆ 

This song is actually has been released in Japanese before and for this album they make the Korean version. I have listened to both version, for me I like the Korean version better. At first i like this song because of the beat, but then I after I googled the lyrics and I felt so attacked (lol). I can relate this song on a spiritual level. 


If you enjoy it, keep support their works by watching Love Scenario music video and don't forget to keep streaming Return on spotify.

March 01, 2018 / by / 2 Comments

2 comments:

  1. Sarangeul Haetta Uriga Mannaaaaa!
    There's no day that I'm not humming that line, uri B.I zzaaanng! Pardon me for my excitement 😍😍😍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha sameeee😍
      glad you dragged me to listen to Ikon back then πŸ˜†

      Delete

Post Top Ad