Post Top Ad

Thursday, April 19, 2018

MY BUDDY PROJECT STORY



    I dedicated this post to share about my experience on having online friends through @ProjectBuddy. What is this actually all about? The @ProjectBuddy is an account on twitter that pair people who have the same interest and are going through hard time so that they can lift each other up. I literally forgot when exactly I knew this account (pardon me) but I think it was in early 2016. I often retweeted some depressing stuff,  I guess that's how they found me and followed me. I was not really aware about what this account was about at first. I thought It was just like any other accounts that tweeted about some encouragements and all. I admit that I was not in a good place so I really needed that stuff. But still, I felt so alone and I needed someone to talk to. I could not bother to talk to my parents or my friends because I felt like they would not understand. Until, I read one of the @projectbuddy's tweets about pairing buddy then I gave it a shot.

I did not take the screenshot of the tweet back then when I first joined it, but it's similar to this.


The process to get a buddy is so easy, you just click on the link provided and fill in the data. You can choose to use either your twitter account or instagram account. After some time, the @projectbuddy wil notify you through your email that you already got a buddy. 
I attach the link here so you can see it more clearly or perhaps you are interested in getting a buddy too. 

    The thing about friendship is also a two way street, both parties need efforts. You can easily lose your friends in real life so what makes this online friends different. I did not talk that long with my first and second buddy I guess it's because we were just not compatible even though we had the same interest. It took me three sign-ups that finally it worked for me. So far, I never experience any bad things when joining this. There's no such things like inapropriate comments or rude behaviour because I'm not from English speaking country. It's all love and I can say that it's really safe. 

     Also, I'm giving a shoutout to my dear friend Cody (@taintedmermeid_) who I met through this project buddy. Thank you for always being there for me and listen to all of my rants and all, even we have like 6 hours of time differences and thousand miles apart. Codes, do you realize that we've been friends for almost 2 years? We may have not met each other in person yet but I already consider you as one of my best friends. I hope one day we will finally meet in person, girl. I'm really looking forward to that!

     For you guys who are having a hard time right now, I hope you do not ever lose your hope. It may seem so hard right now but later it will get better. Please keep on fighting. Anyway, my twitter is @invrishible, if you need somebody to talk to I'm just a DM away. :)

April 19, 2018 / by / 1 Comments

1 comment:

Post Top Ad